Vienna from Crimson sent me this review within hours of watching the matinee performance

I’ve just been to see: Shooting Truth by Molly Davies.... as performed by Yew Tree youth theatre.

I was absolutely shocked and delighted at what amazing, young talent there was. I obviously new that it would be good as there have been previous friends of mine saying it would be and also I’ve seen the previews on YouTube, but it was something else. To say that the actors started as young as 15 and only have been doing this play a few months, it was tremendous. The confidence and characters were very well felt and I connected with every one of the characters.

It is a very well-written play but I believe if performed by any other youth theatre group it would have been no where near the standard of this afternoon’s performance. There was a small introduction (you will have too forgive my ignorance as I don’t know the technical name) performance involving different members of the cast, they all interacted and added a mood to the performance and an introduction into what should be expected for the main performance and there was lots of unexpected twists and links in store.

The performance overall was 5* and although people sometimes say that just for the sake of it, I truly mean it. The very talented actors should know how good they are and what a pleasure it is just to know them. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and yet another great performance by Yew Tree. I look forward to the next and hope that YTYT helps me become as talented as these people one day.

Thank you for reading!!! -Vienna Dooler x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...