J D sent me this yesterday...enjoy

As always, Gold company has been a pleasure.
After the obvious downer that comes with ending a connections play (even for just a few weeks) returning to a normal Saturday with Yew Tree should seem very strange- but today it hasn't. "Raised Curtain" is an amazing event to be a part of, something that I have never done before. It is just brilliant.

Today was (pretty much) the last rehearsal before we take it to the public tomorrow- and I cannot wait. They are in for such a hilarious experience. Anyway, today saw the arrival of two new members- Beth and Jack, who are both awesome.
The day started off as normal with some games, and (again, as normal) they were awesome. Good old (well....fairly new actually) "Ninja Warrior" was followed by "Cat & Mouse" (my favourite) and "Virtual Playground" (beautiful).
We then started rehearsing our own sketches for the event. Each group was given something to improve about their section, which helped a lot.

Showing our sections to the rest of the company proved again to be a joy, as each sketch is so perfect...
But one thing that really stood out to me today, with the arrival of new members, is that Yew Tree are just so welcoming...by the end of the session, new members seem like old friends, and, this will probably happen- there is a very high chance that we will all become really good friends very soon. Throughout the week, Yew Tree is something I can look forward to- I know for the 3 hours that I am there, I will definitely be smiling, learning and being in the presence of brilliant people-genuinely nice, talented, caring people. This makes those 3 hours so precious. That may have sounded reeeaaaalllyyyy cheesy....and I apologise for that...but it is something that really stood out today :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...