Today the blog comes from Amy...member of the Sapphire and Ruby Companies...I would say nice things about her but I'd be accused of bias...

On Tuesday night we did a really interesting thing about leaders. We played a simpler version of ‘make it’, where we made letter shapes instead of pictures. I was having lots of trouble with my group, because no one was listening. Then Gemma asked the four oldest of us to come up to the front, she told the rest of the class that they were not allowed to speak, and the four oldest were to try and lead us, so that everyone spelled ‘bottom’ (Marcus chose the word.)

I decided to focus on the last part; I looked really carefully and told people how to do it, shuffling people in different directions. I’m a perfectionist, so everything had to be just right. We thought we’d finished but we had two people left over, then we realized we’d missed out an ‘o’! We hurriedly made one and put it in the correct place. The four leaders then went and sat down at the front and Gemma asked the rest of the group which leader they liked the best.

Gemma told the four of us what qualities we have as leaders, with a bit of help from some of the youth theatre. I found it really interesting listening to how all of us are different as leaders and I could see there were some people in the rest of the group who were natural leaders, but not as old as us four.

I just thought this was a really good example of how drama can teach us about our strengths and how we can make the most of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...