This week Joanna - member of the Gold and Black Company did the thing I asked people to do which was visit a group and blog about it...partly because I asked to go and assist Danny and partly because she's nice like that...

This week I filled in for Rob at the Green Company with Danny. I was a bit nervous to start with because I’d only ever assisted at sessions where they’re a lot younger and far less scary and I did the whole ‘what if they don’t really like me?’ thing but they all said hello (in lots of different emotions, as directed by Danny) and I decided they weren’t that scary… until it was announced that the theme of the session was ‘Beat Joanna’ which was nice because they killed me first in Mafia and made a beeline for me in Funky Seaweed.

Then Danny and I had this conversation;

Danny: Do you want to run a game?
Me: Definitely not
Danny: Why?
Me: I’ve never run one, I might at Eastmoor soon but I’ve never been to this session before.

Next we played loads more games, including the best knot game I’ve ever witnessed with one big knot that took 15 minutes to undo! I started to decide that they weren’t scary at all and are actually brilliant people. So then when this happened;
Danny: Right, laughing game, Joanna’s running it
I was surprised but exited and didn’t feel too put on the spot. And so I led my first game!

So I’ve decided that there’s something magic about Yew Tree sessions because everyone is so accepting and you don’t feel like ‘the new person’ for long at all, some of the people in the group were saying they’d only been coming for 3 or 4 sessions and that it felt like they’d been there ages and I decided that I felt the same about Yew Tree- I’ve only been doing Eastmoor for 2 weeks and it feels like ages and I only started coming Yew Tree 2 and a bit years ago and it feels like I’ve been coming years and years and that I’ve known everyone much longer than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...