The lovely Jess Hopwood...member of the Black Company and honoured visitor to Gold Company today...

If you didn’t know, Sarah posted on the forum about a new idea: people visiting the sessions they don’t usually go to and writing blogs about them. I shot-gunned Saturday morning because I’ve only ever heard good things about it, and I’ve never been able to go to these sessions because it was at the same time at my dancing; turns out i’m giving dancing a break for a few months, so what better way to spend a Saturday morning hey? :)

Soo, I’m sitting in the circle as people are arriving and it occurs to me just how many people are in the group...it’s huge! I already knew the majority of people from the 17+ group, but it was also nice to see a few familiar faces from Monday night group...and then there were the completely new faces to me, who were refreshing to watch.

To get straight to the point, A Christmas Carol is brilliant. I proper enjoyed just being an audience member and the amount of times I laughed actually brightened my day. It goes without saying that a lot of hard work is put into the rehearsals, which is why it’s so good to see everyone having a lot of fun at the same time. With rehearsals, they can easily go two ways: you can work too hard, to the point where everyone just gets frustrated and there’s no fun in it anymore, or it can become over-indulgent, and the lack of focus means nothing gets done. The brilliant thing about Yew Tree is it gets the happy medium bang on - and I reckon the massive turn out to sessions definitely backs me up here. So I’ll stop now before I ramble some more.

Oh, and for Jonny’s amusement, this is the end of my ‘blog’..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...