This week we have an extra blog…that didn’t really fit into the “this week” theme but Rob (Yew Tree employee and member of 17+ group, Thornes Park group and The Height’s cast) wrote it and I thought people would find it entertaining…so here it is…think of it a bonus feature on a DVD…


Its 9 o'clock Tuesday morning and no matter how early I go to bed the night before I am still knackered. I drag myself out of bed and get ready for work but I know what you’re all thinking - 'Girgis didn’t you quit that amazing job at Staples ages ago? Where could you be possibly working now?' This is a good question let me continue...

Its 10am and I arrive, grab my bag out of the boot and knock on the door with slight anticipation. (The door swings open) 'Robert what have I told you about knocking? It means I have to get up to answer the door, if I know your coming just come in!' and so it begins my first day in the Yew Tree office. To set the record straight its not some big tree house with fairy lights as I had once envisaged, it’s a lot of folders, a computer desk and one vicious cat with an apparent personality.

So yeah, the minefield that is the Yew Tree office begins, and one thing that goes un-noticed is the amount of work that takes place there. I could write a massive list of the first tasks I had to do that day or I could try explaining what every folder or sub folder contained but I don’t think it would quite do it justice. The point I am trying to make is that we all forget about all the hard work that goes on in the background. The efforts that are put in everyday to make sure you get the best learning and enjoyment possible. Not that anyone is asking for credit but I reckon they deserve it.

Peace
Papa G

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...