So it was a bit tricky for somebody to guest blog this week as there was very little youth theatre activity, however India saved the day by sending me highlights from her journal written over performance week of The Height's...very apt for a week in which we've been preparing to go back into rehearsals and corresponding with the West Yorkshire Playhouse in preparation for the regional showcase...

I don’t know where to start with writing a blog I just wanted to get involved ha! Plus I haven’t been at yew tree this week so there’s not been much to write about! However, I was looking through my old diary entries and came across Connections performance week, gave me a little bubble of joy just by reading over it :) anyways, here are some short extracts from the Thursday and Saturday that are relevant to Yew Tree…

March 12th 2009

Connections performance tonighttt!! So excited gotta get through school first though… It’s gone so quick, feels like only last week rehearsals began.
Tonight I play the grandma, woop. Run on, die, run off. S’all fun and games didn’t used to like that role, felt right silly… but now when the music kicks and it’s my que to run on I get that little buzz of adrenaline and cant help but grinning even though I’m meant to be dying ha. Omg annnd watching Rob and Callum above me, funny times!

Omdsssssssss just got back from the show dsnjngjnfdfj!!! I don’t know what to sayyy!! Can’t handle it. Mental. Haven’t done a proper performance for awhile and know I remember why I love it so much… didn’t like the ridiculous tiny black back stage but Alice was there to hold my hand, felt a right numpty. That’s the good thing about t’old yew tree though, no matter what you’re ridiculous insecurities no one there will judge you… ha good times.

March 14th 2009


Again last night was craaaazy didn’t get chance to write after the show was way too tired ha
I love Bizzy, used to think she was a bit of a wet lettuce but she’s grown on me big time. Had to restrain on smiling when I walked on stage, book in hand. I just knew Jodie and Lol would have been laughing!
QUEGs back stage is a lot better than cathedrals, less claustrophobic. Still gets very dark though… Just gonna have to man up this time whoever...
Cant wait for today :) get to sack the day off work for yew tree, legendary.

it’s over … for now anyway ha in the meantime I could actually cry..
what a day :), there should be like a yew tree academy, bit like a drama college but better obvs I don’t know what to say... Has just been incredible! Apart from almost falling flat on my face whilst running up to Lillies room, cringe. And dropping Jo’s strawberries :s what an idiot!!!!
NOTE: shall have to buy tub of posh strawberries for Joanne in May.
But anyways… yeh. Incredible. I can’t wait for Leeds. Doing a yew tree performance at the West Yorkshire playhouse, wow. Seems too good to be true. :)
It really is gutting we won’t be able to have the lighting at Leeds though, it really does make it... I personally don’t know how Sarah is going to be able to decide between the two casts, obvs I’d like to play bizzy on the big night but its gonna be a mental decision to make, I love both performances for different reasons. Like Dee really draws you in with her manipulative ways when she plays Lillie but Jess is so psychotic you just can’t wait to see what she does next. Probs just gonna have to do the old flip a coin method again, hope I’m not there I wont be able to handle the tension and excitement ha
Okay sooooo;
Highlight; definitely hearing my granddads bellows at the fat mat and fat pat scene annnd hearing everyone gasp when Dara gets shot. Brilliant.
Lowlight; having nothing to do now between finishing work and getting ready for my Saturday night… lol

I usually hate rehearsals but rehearsals for The Heights have been surprisingly good. Now I understand it all ha I think I’m really going to miss it, everyone’s really lovely and the buzz is just completely different, I now have my life back for the time being but I don’t think I want it back.. ha (cheesy!)
Off to bed now, ridiculously tired but it's worth it. I want to do another performance now please…

Comments

  1. There is summat mental about reading a blog from the view of a diary....good mental....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...