For our official guest blog I am pleased to introduce Tom McNulty member of Thornes Saturday morning session and the 17+ group and cast member in The Heights…


Right for a while I had hoped to get working on, or finding, a set of good monologues to use for any auditions that pop out of the blue later this year since my next set of proper auditions wont be until my top up year for my degree in about 2 years time. So Sarah kindly accepted to meet with me for half an hour before the Thursday night session to talk about a monologue I wanted to show her and also my insecurities about a performance I recently did with my college tutor in the audience watching me.

Before meeting her I had no idea what I wanted to talk about or what I would get out of the actual conversation, but afterwards I felt really pleased and inspired by what Sarah told me. She told me that the monologue I showed her was good and would be very interesting to see what character I could make out of it from reading the whole play, which is on my to do list, and then for Sarah to direct me in it. Another thing was to look back at the Jacob monologue I had constructed for The Heights auditions, which Sarah said was one of the strongest performances I’ve done, and use that for an audition as well. She also gave me reassurance on directing myself for a monologue and when it comes to one of my directing assignments for college when I will have to write and direct my own play, and to watch how she directs so I can start to get a better understanding of the process.

Basically what I took out of that meeting was how much I don’t need worry about my acting being criticised and how much Sarah can really help.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...