Maddie Mersini is our next end of year blogger!

I have completed my first offical year at Yew Tree and i must say it’s been the best! It has opened so many new doors for me and I couldn’t be more thankful! Here’s one of my favourite pieces. Around October time, a few of us across the company’s did a Halloween performance at the Hepworth Gallery. It consisted of the Macbeth’s witches, Giselle and some poetry. I had the chance to play Giselle. It wouldn’t be the part I’d usually go for but I love a challenge so I stepped up to the plate and I loved it. From all the dancing and the beautiful story. What made it even better is when we got into the space dancing within all the paintings and sculptures gave it such a fitting atmosphere. It was very physical theatre based which is more my cup of tea. I had also never done a duet with a boy nor having multiple lifts in. All went well. Shout out to Tom for not dropping me. At the end of November, we had the chance to perform it again at the Clungergate Centre. Then it was time to say goodbye to Giselle but i’m sure it will pay a visit soon. Thank you Yew Tree for a great year, here’s to 2018!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...