We had a last minute goodbye blog...here's Hannah Clifford! 

After almost 12 years of pure enjoyment it is time for me to move on and start my new adventure in London. It all began in the back room of Drury lane library, where we would all nervously introduce ourselves and continue with sharing our best and worst news from the previous week. One of my favourite shows (aside from playing of the iconic Disney characters Snow White) with Crimson Company has to be “Say Something”. This very moving yet uplifting performance was to commemorate and remind the public of the events of WW1. The brilliant thing about YTYT is not only do we perform in theatres but also public spaces from outside garden to art galleries. Last year to celebrate Halloween, I was fortunate enough to play one of the spooky witches from the classic play ”Macbeth” at the Hepworth art gallery situated in Wakefield. This was a delight to do as I got to work with different members and create a twist on the traditional. The lovely thing about Yew Tree is that depending on how old you are you get to move up through the groups and experience new and exciting projects. Due to college and other commitments I had to leave for a short period but was welcomed back by Sarah Osborne and her company.

Black company has allowed me to prepare myself for university and mature as a person. “Maybe this time” was my latest show with the company. I had previously performed this play with yew tree many years ago so it was very interesting playing a new part and thinking back on the last version. I have been able to share his opportunity with some of my oldest friends and it's sad but lovely too see that they are also leaving and starting a new life at university. From Saturday afternoon game sessions to Thursday night devising physical theatre pieces, I would not have changed it for the world! I don't get much to time to reflect on my yew tree life but it's heart warming see how long I have actually been there and what wacky and off the wall experiences I have had.  


Now the grown up part, I honestly cannot believe I am tackling university so soon! I had prepared myself to get a job in September and audition next year giving myself a bit of time to rest, yet here I am packing up all of my belongings, throwing things in to boxes and saying my goodbyes. It's honestly been a pleasure to work with some amazing human beings at Yew Tree Youth Theatre, making life long friends and I wish you all the best of luck in everything you do! London, I'm coming for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...