Always fab when someone blogs for the first time - today Jessinna member of Crimson Company blogs about her involvement in WY Performers 
Aladdin rehearsals

On the 3rd of September, there was a Aladdin rehearsal from 10:00am till 4:00pm rather than the normal 2 hours. And while I did enjoy the rehearsal very much, as I got to spend more time with my friends and more time performing, I was extremely worn out  by the end of it - although probably not as much as the, very talented, dancers. We got so much done and worked on a lot of scenes giving us all a chance to see what we've done so far. And I, personally, am very pleased with what I saw and am now very excited for the show after witnessing a lot of scenes, dances and songs really come to life.
We began the session with some warmups causing a few of the less athletic people, such as myself, to really wish it was time for lunch already. For the first part of the morning, the main focus was on the dances. Since I only participate in one or two dances I got to sit and watch others perform and I really didn't mind because the dancers are so talented it's unreal. I really wish they had the chance to see themselves from my point of view because every single dance looks incredible. The soul of the show are the dances. I think this because it's so clear with every dance that a lot of time and effort went into creating them. I can truly say that each one is as impressive as the last. There's one dance I'm particularly excited for everyone to see. I can't say too much about it because I don't want to ruin it but I will say that the dancers really bring the heat (I'm really sorry)!
After lunch, we ran the play through from Act 1 to Act 2. As much as I enjoyed the dances I have to say this was my favourite part. I always love running a show because it gives you a glimpse of what the final product will look like and I have to say it's looking brilliant. It was also good to see how the dances looked with the scenes. Obviously, there are a few things that need work - 6 things according to Sarah- but there's not a doubt in my mind that this will be a truly wonderful show. Despite the few absences of cast members, the run through ran along quite smoothly. Act 1 was a lot of fun to do because there are a lot of scenes that are really enjoyable to be a part of and to watch. Act 2 is similar in that sense. I really do like the way a lot of the characters are written, there are a few characters that have a funny, quick wit about them which complemented by the brilliant acting of the cast.
Although the story of Aladdin is told differently in this version, I think it still has the same warmth and heart about it that the original movie has.
So all in all, I thought it was a pretty good rehearsal and I'm very excited for the show. I've never written a blog before so I hope this was ok and thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...