A good day...

Yesterday was a good day.  A good day because as I went into the 6 hour rehearsal for the production of Aladdin I’m directing I had a really clear goal…I wanted everyone in the cast who was at the rehearsal to end the day being better than they were when they walked into the room. 

I suppose that sounds like the least I could hope for but after a 6 week break – a lot of the cast unable to make the rehearsal and an awful lot to get done it wasn’t necessarily a given.  I went into the rehearsals hoping that despite all the odds there was a chance for progress – and I got what I hoped for….a set of young performers who discovered they could do more in the production than they’ve done before – as a dancer, as a character, as a performer, as a creative mind.  By the time we got to the end of the rehearsal some people had made little steps some had taken strides and some giant leaps.


All this means that Aladdin is up and away and sprinting into the final phase of rehearsal – there’s a lot of work to do – a lot – but I’m really looking forward to it.  That on top of the fact that we’re about to start lots of lovely Christmas show rehearsals with YTYT which means this term is a wonderful prospect indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...