Alice Narey for your delight and delectation...

So this is my second blog and in quick succession of the first one. However, I’m writing this one for an entirely different reason. After writing the first one I realised that actually I enjoy writing blogs more than I thought I would which is something I really wasn’t expecting. So, number 2, here we go…
This week at Gold we were looking at both our second Hepworth piece which is called ‘Plinth’ and building on our Christmas performance of ‘The Snow Queen’. After playing a few hilarious games such as murderer, the bean game and another game which name escapes me but all I know is that it was as ridiculous as all of the rest but involved an unusually large tennis ball… I shall say no more…
Our second Hepworth piece is based around the idea of people’s different opinions on what is important to them and in theory what they would put on a plinth if given the chance – hence the name ‘Plinth’. Last week some people volunteered to write a short speech of around 30 seconds on a certain subject. We were asked to write about the topic as if we would put it on a plinth. We had to put ourselves in a different persons shoes in order to write the speech which proved quite interesting as usually we are asked to write something with a balanced perspective. This time we had to be completely biased. Some of the topics included equality, music, education, living not just surviving and many more. These short drafts were edited by groups so that we have a foundation to work our piece around. Also, we finalised some transition pieces which are now looking extremely pleasing. I can’t wait to put it all together.
Next we were asked to devise the next scene in ‘The Snow Queen’ which seemed like a simple task that would produce similar scenes… I think with any other group of people that would be the case but unfortunately not with us (which I am quite proud of). The range of different scenes was amazing, including many Game of Thrones jokes, Frozen jokes and a magic staff… Once again, I shall say no more… In the end, I can definitely say that I can’t wait to see the finished product and Christmas could not come round soon enough!
My Saturday at Gold and it always manages to put a smile on my face. The age range in Gold means that most of us are in the middle of exams now and are extremely busy revising and stressing. However, when we are all together we are relaxed and happy as well as in the middle of producing amazing work. I can’t wait for next week! (Wow I went all out cheese on that one…)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...