Taking advantage of the invitation...

If any of you have ever visited Sapphire Company you will know it is a big company…lots of lovely people in it with lots of things to say and lots of creativity to share.  Monday nights are a genuine pleasure because I get to spend two hours with them and it’s the best way to start the week.

This week however was a little different – due to the horridness of exams – SAT’s, GCSE’s, tests etc we were about a third of the company down.  Although we missed the absentees of course, something lovely happened that I thought it was worth noting.  In the games –  fyi there was a joyous game of Amoeba and some fabby bean gameness – and also in the devising, the performing and the reflecting there was a chance to see some of the quieter, smaller personalities emerge as they got chance to have more of a voice which was delightful.  My hope is that now they have raised their excellent faces above the parapets they carry on doing so when the others arrive back.


I think that it’s worth saying when I invite reflection or thoughts on any of the YTYT company sessions that I am always genuinely interested on what people have to say…I think it’s such a positive aspect of what we do when we get the chance to comment on our own discoveries and achievements and our observations on the achievements of others…if I could make a request it would be that YTYT members take advantage of this invitation more often…there are some of you that are so open and forthcoming but I’d love the rest of you to find your voice and have the courage to use it…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...