It's all about the people...

Yesterday I spent the day with a group of aspiring actors in Garforth who had decided to invest their precious Sunday in learning something about acting with me as their tutor.  I really enjoy these sessions and since I made a connection with Noda, by teaching at their Summer School, I’ve had the chance to do quite a few. 


We spent the day thinking about creativity, voice, physicality, interpretation of script and characterization – obviously it was quite the whistle stop tour.  The participants of the course soaked everything up and were very vocal in how much they had learnt and enjoyed it.  However as they day turned out my lasting impression of the day will be much more about the people I met than what I taught.  There was a lady who makes her living writing stories for women’s magazines…she’s in the Peoples Friend and Take a Break this week – how cool is that?  Another lady after 14 years of being a HLTA had taken the brave move of becoming a qualified teacher…there was a lady who was invited by her teacher when she was 15 to help out with a play the society were staging…60 years later she is still there – supporting, sorting and bringing genuine sunshine to everyone in the room.  Finally a special mention goes to the 86 year old lady who had organized the whole event and the open evening that’s happening tonight…just amazing… I had so many lovely conversations with so many lovely people and left feeling entirely satisfied with my Sunday and very, very happy to have spent the day with a group of genuinely brilliant people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...