Hannah has sent a blog...it's definitely worth a read...

So this week I flew solo at Gold for the first time while Sarah was away at a wedding. As a result things were a little different, I collected money in a phone sock and signed everyone in with a disney princess sparkly gel pen...

Last week at the Alice in Wonderland tech, Shelbie told me she'd never played Park Bench and so I decided to do a session on improvisation. We started off with Best and Worst as usual and after a quick game of Coconuts to warm everyone up we jumped straight into improvisation with games like Yes and... and Sun and Moon to get people thinking quickly.

Then it was time for Park Bench and a game which I'm going to call improvisation circle/freeze because I can't remember its name but everyone is in a circle and two people improvise in the middle until someone says freeze and takes the place of one of them. During these I was really impressed with Bailey and Sam because it was their second ever yew tree sessions and they'd never met me before, but they both just went with whatever I asked them to do and got up in both games. Which was really brave because improvisation can be really exposing, and I know that if someone had asked me to get up and improvise in a circle full of people on my second week at Gold I'd probably have run the other way. But they didn't and I'm so pleased about that. And some people who weren't brave enough to get up in Park Bench then found the courage to get up in the circle, and I was happy with that too.

After everyone had had a chance to sample Georgia's cookies I put them into groups to devise scenes. As they were working I came round each group and added extra things like: someone has to be laid down at all points, two people have to be in physical contact, someone sings, someone has a secret agenda etc so that we kept the improvisation element. Nothing was too serious because the whole session was cheerful and slightly frivolous. The results were varied and hilarious and included a french bakery called D'Bakeree, a roller coaster simulation, a bus trip to American X Factor and a cinema trip with lots of clapping.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I hope Gold company did too x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...