Time to reflect...

We have finally stopped and as always it is only when you stop that you can appreciate what you have achieved.  December was an absolute riot of youth theatreness…the final rehearsals and performances of the Christmas shows…A Vampire Story, final sessions and Wintery Words and Christmas Coffee.  It was wonderful and exacting and there were times when I couldn't see that it was possible - but it was and we did it and what's more I'd like to say we did it with a certain amount of style. 

 It’s hard when you are in the thick of all of that to reflect and so in the quiet of this weekend I’ve been enjoying doing just that.  I’ve been reflecting on the sheer volume of what we achieved but also of the quality inherent in that achievement.  I’ve been reflecting on the lovely comments we have had from yew tree members about their experiences of the term but also by parents and friends on how much they enjoyed the performances they saw.  I’ve been reflecting on the investment of energy, time, commitment and hope that each individual invested in the youth theatre over this frenetic time and I’ve been reflecting on what I could have done better and how I might change things in the future…it’s revealing and fulfilling, it’s also well needed.   Only by engaging in this reflection do we move forward in a mindful and positive way 


I’ve also been enjoying your reflections in your entries to the photo competition – they really do bring joy to my heart.  Over the next week I will be reflecting on the whole year as I try and identify my 3 highlights of YTYT 2014…I know – just 3…but I’m determined to try and pin it down…what would your three be I wonder…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...