Our first guest blog is from Gold Company - it's a joint reflection on The Christmas Shows...

I loved it when we got a round of applause for our dancing because it made me feel as if I'd achieved something amazing. I'm definitely not a dancer.
My favourite moment of the entire Christmas experience is when we first started creating the dance because it was great learning a new skill, and dancing fairly successfully for someone who has two left feet.
Well I officially feel like the clumsiest person ever to grace Yew Tree's fabulousness. After falling twice on stage, during the dance, in the space of about 30 seconds I have realised that taking up ballroom dancing I maybe not for me...
I thought that the whole play was fantastic with everyone doing a great performance. My favourite moment was when all of the princess were over the top with their reactions on what was going on stage.
“My favourite thing about Christmas shows is working with all my favourite people to produce a jaw dropping performance and I think we accomplished that, also getting to wear my prom dress again was so nice, I actually felt like a princess when stood on stage with my 'sisters' and if I do say so myself our bolero was pretty awesome, can't wait for next year!”
For the first ever performance with Yew Tree Youth Theatre I can officially say that I had the time of my life. With the best cast, the best costumes and the best directors. I thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of it.
The Christmas shows are always a fun night. I had know idea how inspired and touched buy the performances I would be, I have never seen such young actors be so professional in my life! I have enjoyed being apart of such an wonderful Christmas yet again! Bring on next year!!!”
I loved the opportunity of acting and performing, everyone has been so supportive. I've loved every moment of this, from the rehearsals to the final bow.
The round of applause we got at the end of the dance and shows were amazing. It felt great to be stood up there knowing we'd done it, and it all went so well.
I love everything about the Christmas shows every year for so many reasons from the buzz off the audience when on stage to the joys of being in the audience to watch the other companies.
It was really strange for me to be part of the Christmas shows but not be performing. But I had a fantastic time watching every show.  I just want to say that I'm super proud of both Orange and Gold because I've watched their shows develop every week. You were all amazing well done!!
The experience of dancing in a huge dress was definitely something new, and an experience.
I loved it when we were doing the dance seeing Courtney finally walking in time with the music. It was one of my favourite shows I've done so far and to work with a wonderful cast as I did was amazing and really good fun, thank you all for being great!! 
The Christmas shows are always the highlight of the Yew Tree year and I think this year was the most fun I've had yet! I loved all the characters from each play and everyone did so well! I particularly enjoyed playing a dad-dancing, conga-ing wise woman and the complete contrast Wilma was to the Queen in 12 Dancing Princesses. As always, to top the night off, we got to see beautiful performances from Crimson, Orange, and Purple and Ruby combined (who did a very touching performance about the Second World War). So well done to everyone who performed and thank you to everyone who both watched and helped us put together and perform the shows!
The Christmas shows are always a joy to be a part of especially this year as everyone was so kind and caring and took care of each other. Even though things didn't go to plan for me, being able to watch part of the dance was amazing as all the hard work paid off and it look beautiful. I loved the Jesters from Crimson as they brought a smile to my face and all the audience but all the company were brilliant. I couldn't wish to be a part of any other show. Well done everyone.

I loved watching all the other performances it was nice seeing new faces it was a joy been part of Christmas event well done everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...