I am always delighted when a parent blogs and this blog is particularly delightful...thanks Simon Winder

I am rather nervous as I take a leap into the world of Blogging, so hope it all makes sense. I really enjoyed this years Festive Fairy Tales, the performances I thought were entertaining, and full of young people showing talent, commitment and above all enjoying themselves. Having been around Yew Tree for a few years now, I kind of "know" a lot of the actors, and am able to tune in to their conversations a little. It became apparent that although the shows seemed almost flawless to the audience, there were a few occasion's where departures and omissions were made from the script. When this happened it always seems to be recounted by the Yew Tree members that whoever it was "Recovered brilliantly" and that "A N Other" filled in quickly and got the script back on track, thus leaving the audience completely in the dark about any error. I also heard that someone had missed a line on the Wednesday performance and as they didn't have a line on Thursday, someone was going to give them one of their lines for Thursday. Other stories emerged of a member having difficulty with something, and others just automatically helping them out.

As well as a parent to Yew Tree members I do have another role in life as a sports coach, and I was recently at a conference where Paul Shaw (Head of Performance Development for England Women's Cricket) gave a talk. For those of you who are not aware England Women have had a massively successful spell, and the cornerstone of Paul's talk was that in able to achieve this success he needed fantastic cricketers, but more than that, they also need fantastic individuals, who care about others, and are prepared to put themselves out on a limb for others, potentially at a cost to themselves where needed.

So I think this leads on to my point that Yew Tree contains many fantastic actors, but the performances are so good because those actors are all fantastic young people, who work together, work for each other and instinctively do the "Right thing". I don’t think that this is an accident as any organisations ethos starts from the top, and it is instilled from the beginning, as the above theme was evident from the youngest to the oldest groups. So my winter hat which nicely covers by balding pate is doffed to all Yew actors who performed this week for both your skill and character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...