It's always good when a parent blogs...here is Yana as our first blogger...

Taking Beth to Sapphire Company every Monday evening makes the start of my week great. As the car journey starts Beth chatters quickly about her school day,  as we reach our destination her conversation turns to Sapphires Christmas performance, how each of her friends play a role, how they come together and connect with each other through the greatly written script. This for me is so exciting I am like a child at Christmas, from the moment I put the date in my diary to performance night the tension builds like a firework ready to go off. I often wonder what she does in those two hours on a Monday evening, but as she comes out of those double glass doors I can see instantly that she has had a great time, the twinkle in her eye and the smile on her face says it all. All the way home Beth talks about what games they have played, how the rehearsal for the Christmas performance is coming on and how each character is becoming more and more alive.
Tuesdays is another great day I get to take Sara to Ruby Company, this week was especially exciting as Sara took her friend for the first time, her friend loved it and wants to continue going. This means another little seedling to join the Great Yew Tree Youth Theatre team, who will I am sure, be one day part of a great branch of the Yew Tree Youth Theatre. Sara loves going to drama and she has made some great friends there. I am not as knowledgeable about Sara’s Christmas performance but I am just as excited. Sara said to me this week that I was part of the Yew Tree team; I always thought I was just a mum who takes her children to a group they enjoy, but it did make me wonder... Am i really a part of such a great thing? Yew Tree has been part of our lives for so long now and I can honestly say it has been a fantastic journey over the past 6 years and long may it continue.


Yana x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...