Shelbie blogged about OMN 11

It was Open Mic night on Sunday, the second one that I've ever been to so I thought "Hey why not sing with fellow Yew Tree member Sian?" It started off with the tech run I was nervous as hell when it came to mine and Sian's turn to practice, I was shaking like mad my knees were all weak and all I could think about was, "If I cant sing in front of a few people how am I going to be once everyone else is there?" As the night went on our ears were filled with the greatness of all the wonderful singers, I have to say everyone had to laugh a Yasmin's song it really was a great song. After each slot my heart started to race more and more and I could tell by Sian's face that she felt the same way. Luckily we had chance to calm down in the interval and took our minds off it with the quiz. The second half began with Sarah Lewis a very talented little girl who wrote her own Christmas song and performed it in front of us all, i know that she made her mum very proud. After a few more people it was our turn, no one can understand how scary it really is unless they have been up and done it. Sarah introduced us, at this point I was boiling with nerves but for some unknown reason I seemed more relaxed then what I did in the tech run. Throughout the song I found the best thing to do was to look to one of my best friends Bobbie who calmed my nerves and made the experience that but more better. Once the song was finished a was overwhelmed by all the lovely comment people made to me, it really did make my feel happy. Despite all the nerves and my legs feeling like they were going to turn to jelly I would gladly doing it again even if I say that I won't, it was one of the best moments of my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...