Gareth who I met when I was teaching a course for NODA at Warwick University in August travelled from Sheffield to see YTYT on Wednesday and was so impressed he sent me this...

So this was my first encounter of Yew Tree Youth Theatre and I was excited to see what the evening held. The evening opened with Rumplestiltskin. The way in which the story had been written was unique as it took on a different form to what fairy tales normally do. I was extremely impressed by the level of talent delivered by the group from Sapphire company, everyone took on their roles and you could really see different characterisation. The spacial awareness of the group worked well and you could see this was through great direction.

The evening progressed with a performance of A Christmas Carol where again the writing of the story really put a truly different spin on a classic tale. The company worked well with each other and complimented each other on stage by having a great understanding of how the ensemble support principle roles.

The next treat of the evening was where the youngest members of Yew Tree performing The Elves and the Shoemaker." After having seeing many youth performances I was impressed by the talent of these young people and how well they had remembered their lines and developed their characters

The last performance of the night was left to the older members of Yew Tree. Who took on a rom com and in very good Christmas spirit. The cast of this all took on different characters with different levels of performance. Sarah had told me that this was some of the performers first time on stage and I have to say that I would have struggled to tell you whose these members where as the standard of the show was exceptional.

Over all I just have to say that I will not be missing another Yew Tree performance. Outstanding quality from outstanding members.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...