What's at your centre?


I’ve been on holiday.  For the first time in two years I and my lovely family managed to steal away for a whole three days.  It was lovely for all sorts of reasons but the reason relevant to this blog took me significantly by surprise.  In short, while I was away, I had something of an epiphany.

Remember last week I talked about “Rise of the Guardians” (if you don’t or you didn’t read it check out my last post.) Well, on of the distinct messages of the film was that each and every person needs to know what is at their centre.  The argument goes something like this – if you know what it is that powers you, that is the very heart of what you are and what you have to offer then not only can you use that to the upmost good but also you can understand your mistakes and learn to avoid them…

As a result of my break away I am delighted to tell you that I know what is at my centre…really…it’s a revelation – it means I know where to invest what I have to offer and in turn what I do not need to worry about…it means I understand myself better than before…it means in short that I am in a much better position to make the most of myself and every opportunity I get…it’s a lovely feeling.  I’m making a decision not to tell you what it is as it’s new and exciting and I’m not ready to share it with anyone else…but it’s made me more than happy

So what I’m suggesting to you is every now and again think about it …think about what is at the very centre of you, not what you wish it was, not what you think it should be, not what other people say it is.  The thing that is at your centre is what you find there when you look at yourself really closely and honestly…when you find out what it is and be warned it might take a while you’ll be surprised at how suddenly the world makes so much more sense…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...