Charlotte Scott talks about our rehearsals for Tomorrow I'll Be Happy...

I thought that I would talk about Connections...

Right so I can't even describe how nervous I felt when I first auditioned for Connections, and then when it was over it felt like a weight had been lifted because I got the part that I wanted and I was absolutely thrilled. Now we've started the rehearsal process and begun to pick the play and characters apart its become very clear how much work and commitment is needed from everyone to get it where it needs to be. I can honestly say that I'm really enjoying the rehearsals and after each one I'm just left counting the days until we can do it all again. Every week making more discoveries about our characters and how much I just want to know the script perfectly so I don't have to worry about my lines and can just concentrate on the emotions. It's so intense! But in like a really fun way...
I think one of the things that makes it so enjoyable is the cast, everyones really positive (except when we are morngy, for a little tiny while) and it really helps when your trying things out and don't know if its going to work. Also I've never been double cast in a play before but I think that it's really good to be able to discuss with someone else (Beth, ha) about the character and share ideas about things like our 'theme song.' It's also really helpful seeing the scenes your character's in from the outside and see how things look when your trying to get a sense of what will work.
All in all I'm really enjoying the whole process of connections 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...