The Sinister Square... AKA: Risk and Resilience Blog - Sam Winder


Good day everyo- Ah. After only the first few words, Word is telling me that my grammar is incorrect when quite frankly it is not. I should know. I love grammar... yeah.

So, after a day of filming (and not-filming) for the spectacle that collectively will be called “Risk and Resilience,” I find myself sitting in front of the TV writing a blog. I do so on a laptop with a keyboard that would be better used as a pillow than a piece of hardware required to insert alphanumeric characters into a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a finite set of arithmetic or logical operations AKA: computer.
  But seriously, whenever I need an O I have to paste it in due to the ineffectiveness of that particular key. So, ideal conditions for typing a web log, I am sure you’ll agree?

After what you may consider an arbitrary opening I think that I should cease spouting this twaddle and continue...

Filming is quite different from acting in the usual sense, you have to place yourself differently and think more about what the camera sees, rather than what an audience would see.
   Furthermore, to be honest (or tbh if you are that sort of person), I find it quite unnerving to have that sinister square watching and remembering every move I make. As it bores a terrible fissure into my soul I know that it will be wreaking havoc with all that is natural in this world. It destroys every last piece of what is really you before preparing what it has observed into a suitable electronic format to be replayed conveniently at any moment you may desire.... I do hope you read that is a dark, sinister way.
  Despite all this going through my head, I think that it actually went alright... I even remembered my lines which was, and is, the absolute pinnacle of a bonus.

I spent a lot of time today watching other people being filmed. This was what one could call interesting if they so wished to describe it in such a manner... Naturally it was a certain skateboarding scene that I remember the most, mostly because it took the longest to film and required the most organising in order to achieve the desired effect. It is important to listen and adapt with this new way of acting. But of course the beauty of it is that each take does not have to be perfect because although it helps, it can simply be re-done. Huzzah!
  Heading back towards my point and away from further ridiculous interjections, after a bit of perseverance we managed to record everything that was required before embarking on our seemingly endless trail of locations...
Gah! I didn’t like that last sentence... Word has put a green squiggly line beneath it... And apparently “Gah!” isn’t a word either. I mean honestly! (Grumble grumble grumble)

I have just realised that I have written rather a lot. Tempus fugit cum vobis sunt scripto blogs... Or if you prefer English, you may want to consider Time flies when you are writing blogs... So now your Latin lesson has met its untimely end, I bid you a very sorrowful farewell... I doubt you feel the same that because I have gone on a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...