Final Team Jack blog from Jack Iredale

So it ends. Dun dun duuuuun.
In all seriousness, I can’t say enough how brilliant the team have been. They’ve followed my ridiculous, occasionally erratic train of thought, and with their own ideas in place, helped to craft a solid piece of theatre.
The nerve wracking thing about the final session wasn’t the performance at the end of it. I had nothing but confidence in the group. No, it was the fact that this was the session where I was assessed by my tutor from Calderdale. 
There was nothing to worry about. He praised the way the group worked together, that no one’s ideas were disregarded and that no-one tried to one up each other. He also found the way I direct to be...different, but not necessarily in a bad way. Though he didn’t get to see the final performance, he really enjoyed what he saw. 
After finally performing the piece to the rest of Sapphire company, both sides had some thoughts about the piece. Those in it noted that they hadn’t really known the other members of the group that well before doing this piece and they’d enjoyed finding out different things about each other that they might not have known otherwise. The audience commented on the fact that no one single persons inspirations were seen as more or less important than any others, and the way they inside stacked onto of each other made for interesting viewing. Danny, who had been in the very first session, mentioned how it was great to see how it had evolved from the starting points we had up to where it ended up.
So. Yeah. Team Jack. You’ve been brilliant. I say that word a lot, but it’s true. I’ve really loved working on this project with you, and I hope you had as much fun as I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...