Olena is our next guest blogger...

Heads...Heads…Heads…

On Monday, the wonderfully awesome Sapphire Company were studying absurd theatre. It sounds absurd... it is absurd... and it was absurd. Warming up with the chaos game, one of my favourites although it isn't as good as park bench, prepared us perfectly for what was to come. With instructions like every 5 seconds walk up to somebody and give them a hug and constantly skip around the circle shouting ''I'm Mary Poppins'' (one of the best things I’ve done, it was surprisingly fun) set us in the right mind to produce some lovely pieces of drama. Reading through the scripts that were handed out to us, we all quickly engaged with our partners and from what I saw our minds swiftly set to work. From the pieces that were shown I particularly enjoyed Michael and Brittany's interpretation was brilliant. Michael's character was very well portrayed and his, what I call ''pleh'', attitude to everything was something I think everybody can relate to. Especially the; Michael: If I open the door will you go away Brittany: Yes Michael opens door and Brittany comes in Michael: (drowsily) Oh you tricked me… It was undoubtedly my favourite part of the piece and Ross and Tom’s piece, a very good twist on the original script, was hilariously cool as well. Changing the scene to revolve around a chess game was a simple but fantastic idea and worked tremendously well. Last but not least I have to mention the short (not sure how long he will continue to sneak into our sessions) return of Danny! Aaarrrghhh! Yay! I honestly truly missed him! Sapphire didn’t feel right without Danny there. So I’m glad he invaded and hopes he will invade again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...