Rhiann has blogged about being part of the MIners service Last Sunday, I took part in The Miners performance at Pontefract Cathedral and it was the first time I’d performed in the service after I was given the opportunity by Gemma. After weeks of rehearsals and line learning, we were finally ready and excited to show our piece which was all about the miners who worked and had pride in their work but also made the area what it is as well as the history behind it. Our script showed the families of the miners as well as, like the little sisters and the wives which made the piece show the fact that mining was about family. When we all got to Pontefract Cathedral on the day, I’d never been more scared, looking round, we noticed how many seats would be filled and the families and miners who would be there. After our quick rehearsal, we all prepared for our performance. But before our performance, there were readings from the NUM which were very touching as they said about how people risked their lives. Then our piece started, and we were all nervous as we said our lines and worked our way through the scenes. And I can honestly say, I have never felt more proud of being part of a project but also, how amazing the cast were and sensible about the subject. As we finished, I had to say my speech, and I was so frightened as I stood there but once I’d finished, I was so happy that I’d took part The rest of the service brought tears as people laid flowers for loved ones and friends, I think it was so moving and heart breaking. The most rewarding part after the whole service was having people come up to us and say how much the enjoyed our performance and thought we did well to make the piece but honestly, we couldn’t of done it without our director, Gemma, and the help of Danny and Sarah! I can’t wait to take part next year! Another performance well done Yew Tree!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...