Rhiann kicks off the blogs of this week with an insight into Crimson's session last week

Today’s session of Crimson was definitely my favourite of this term. We focused on being able to trust our group members more by doing a series of activities to help us with confidence too. I worked with Chris Marsay on our first task which was to use our hands to control our partner to do little movements but then allow them to return to neutral before doing the next which is called ‘Columbian Hypnosis’. However, when Chris began to control me, I found it easier to have my eyes closed when he made me move my body parts as it allowed me to feel less strict on my movements as I was almost like jelly. I really enjoyed this activity as it made me begin to trust Chris more and more as he wouldn’t make me look stupid.

Gemma then asked us to do the same thing of controlling people but by using our eyes to make them change levels but this proved to be a challenge as you couldn’t really determine where your partner wanted you to move to or height to go to. I think this way of moving wasn’t my favourite as I struggled to be able to do this properly without getting confused but I think with time, it’ll become easier.

However, we put the eye movement into use in a piece we started as a group. We picked two more people as our other partners, created a relationship and walked over in the attitude of our feelings towards them. I created a fall out between me and Chris, a sister relationship between me and Charlotte and a mother & daughter for me and Vienna. Then we distanced ourselves around the room and walked over with meaning to them to a piece of music. I found that this really helped us to realise how much our movements portrayed feelings that why I really enjoyed doing this performance as the group.

After this, we got into fours and began to create a piece using some of the techniques we had learned. We had to include the words -‘in the beginning’ & ‘in the end’- so we said ‘In the beginning, it was a spark, just a spark,’ then ‘in the end, nothing lasts forever’. We based our groups work around affairs and used ‘Columbian Hypnosis’ as well as eye movements to make the relationships clear.

In all, I think the session with Crimson was lovely and a great start to learning more about how to show relationships and movements.

Rhiann xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...