Hannah with her excellent blog about connections week...

Sooooo. Connections week. Well it’s been a joy, and now I want to sleep for a very long time. But I can’t because I’ve got to be up at 6.30 on Monday morning to go to college. Rubbish. I was going to work through the days in order, but I can’t because they’ve all melded into one giant Connections day...

Well, we were all given an aggression makeover, because in the 17th century, we’re all pretty nasty characters, and we couldn’t be nasty to each other without feeling bad about it. Soooo we played Ratchet, Screwdriver a game that’s been banned at Yew Tree for about 4 years. It’s basically a more extreme version of Master and Servant, but you can restrain your partner in any way you want. Yeah, no idea why it was banned. Everyone loved it, and it sorted out our aggression problems. After that the 17th century cast spent some time working on scene 2, because we’d never got the atmosphere right, but its sooo much better now, and I’m a little bit scared of Ellie Moran all the way through.

I really enjoyed doing the character timeline, and I’ve found some things out about Marley that that make me feel a bit sorry for her. The 17th century is all about status and hierarchy, and it’s obvious from the beginning, but status is just as important in the 21st century, which gives it an edge, because you can see that they would be as ruthless as the 17th century if they had to. And that’s awful because they’re just like us. Ooh and I need to say, go onnn Jack Davies for managing to be harsh, and insane when playing Liam, because he’s the least harsh person in real life.

Aaand the Ensemble. I could leave it at that, because it doesn’t need me to describe how brilliant it is, and I’ll probably do a rubbish job anyway. So that’s all I’m going to say. IT IS BRILLIANT. It’s intense, and beautiful, and haunting, and just brilliant. And now that word has lost all meaning to me.

I’m starting to ramble, so I’ll leave it at that. It’s been lovely, as always. I liked pretending to be interested by an empty shop at the Hepworth. And I enjoyed my cheesy chips. I’m off back to sleep now. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...