Mel tells us about the start of a fantastic project for Gold Company...


Well, after starting Yew Tree 3 years ago, this is my first blog and I have never done anything like this before so here we go...
Saturday morning sessions are always a pleasure, even after hearing the bests and worst’s of everybody’s week I still always want to say “just being here” is my best. COP OUT I know.
And although all the older ones have flown the nest and loads more people have joined it’s still so much fun and such a brilliant company to be a part of.
This Saturday Gold has started preparing and devising scenes for “Raised Curtain” to be performed at the Wakefield Theatre Royal and it’s absolutely fabulous. It breaks all the boundaries of what theatre should be like and perceptions will inevitably change after seeing it.
Performing anywhere but the stage is not just fun for the actors but for an audience too. They also get a chance to feel like they’re involved in the all of the little pieces of theatre and art but most of all, the masterpiece that it is when it’s all wrapped up together.
Today we created scenes for the box office, the dressing rooms, and the bar as well as discussing many other possibilities for how we could create a scenario for why the audience would be touring the theatre and why they would be seeing all the little pieces of art and performance.
Personally I cannot wait to be involved. It’s so different to anything I have ever done before. I love trying out new things, especially with Yew Tree. Everyone is always so original and creative.
But then I guess if we don’t try new things, nothing will ever surprise us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...