Danny Southern once again Ladies and Gentlemen

YEW TREE HOUSE MASSIVE!!! It’s me (again) and I’m gonna tell ya’ll what happened at Sapphire Group on Monday. Well… where to begin??

We did a quick round of best and worst early so we could get cracking with the script this week. Unfortunately, Danny couldn’t be there cos of his injury and shizzle, but we still managed to cope without his insane anecdotes of the week. After rapidly setting the session off with woes and groans, and cheers and chuckles, we started with the almighty Princess and the Pea.
Now, being a narrator, I’m pretty much on stage all the time, so I can see what’s happening more-or-less all of the time from an audience and actor’s perspective. I really couldn’t fault much this week. Everyone seems a lot more confident in what they are doing, people are learning their lines and characters seem stronger by every scene. All we need to do now guys is to keep up the energy from the first half of the play – well saying that, the second half seemed really good even for a first trial run. So, yeah, there you go – Danny S’s building blocks for a brill panto – looooooooolz. I’m absolutely in love with all the princesses; I really can’t understand why Michael turns them down cos I’d have Oratoria or Skaterina or any of them any day. Speaking of Michael, it’s becoming really clear that he’s putting a lot of effort into his role, as you can start to see the infatuation, the love, the lust, the wanting and desire of Olena – and what does she say? –No–. I know! After meeting her for two minutes, being suave, sophisticated and sensitive, even resorting to Jake’s classic technique of ‘lunge, arm, poetic things’, the princess just kicks him in the gutter. What. A. Farce. Will he ever find true love? <== Look there, just before this sentence… I did a rhetorical question! Cos I know what happens, and you know what happens (unless you don’t) but I still asked the question. *Sigh* Oh, I’m such a riot.

Fav Moment Of The Week: Seeing Grendle and Kate’s relationship start to get even witch-ier, closer and just generally seeing them become proper massive characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...