Ellie Moran boys and girls...again...so yay for that...

I choose to write the blog for this week’s sessions because it's made me really happy with what’s gone on, and well because it’s for yew tree init …

First of all ... I joined Thursday group (Black Company) which is really really nice because I’ve been at Yew Tree for such a long time now and I feel like I worked my way up the sessions all the way to the top ... and I've reached it. We’re starting on the Shakespeare festival too which is something I’ve never had the chance to do before so that’s really nice. This week was my second week there and I feel like I’m going home rather than to a Yew Tree session on a night time...

Also this week we had somebody called Daniel come in from "Performing Earth," he told us some of the stuff he did around the world and after that I was smiling through the whole session. It was so inspiring to be in a workshop with somebody that has been all over and experienced it all. As soon as I got home I came on the internet and went on the website he had given us, just out of pure inspiration. In the session we did this thing where, we were all in a circle and we had to just walk into the space in the circle and do absolutely nothing ... nothing at all, which sounds pretty simple enough, but all I could think about when I was potentially just a "thing" in the circle, all I kept saying to myself was ... "this is the attention what you don't want" but it was really nice to appreciate the space. Another exercise was we're we were all in a circle again, and we were kind of doing just improvisation but you didn’t think about what you were going to do. You went in... made a gesture of some sort… and then you added a random piece of dialogue to say... and it's just made me realise how much I love randomness. It was sensational, I felt like I was grinning and not just smiling.

It has been such a good week at Yew Tree. And it’s making me want next week to hurry up.
Yay for Yew Tree :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...