Alice's reflection on Gold Company's session

So today I woke up and the weather was yet again beautiful so I put a dress on...but then I thought dayummm probs gonna get a ‘that’s not practical’ look from Sarah; but I got over it quickly and kept it on ha.
Turns out there were several dress wearers...
So today we did site specific performances and they were brilliant. It meant we got to work in the beautiful sunshine if we so wished and left Aaron, Chelsie and Jack to create something in our usual room in the shade.
When we normally arrive to Thornes on a Saturday morning there is nearly always a new object or change in the room that we have to hide, push to the side, dispose of or accommodate. Today there were no chairs and a random gravestone in the corner to contend with.
Butttt, what occurred to me with site specific theatre is that you don’t have to question any of it...like the thing I loved about watching the other groups was that I found myself not having to ignore anything or question the reality of their surroundings because they had adapted or incorporated everything. Or in the case of the ‘chicken’ group accepted the fact a women chilled out walking her dog past them. There was never a parameter...that past that point you ought to ignore...everything was included and there just because....
I’m not sure whether it was the sunshine, the hilarity or Ellie’s brilliant idea for our group (in fact probably a combination of the three), but today was my favourite session in a long time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...