Ash wrote a blog and it's very good...here it is

I feel very inadequate that its taken me this long to write a blog. I would love to provide a justified reason, but the truth is the only thing that stopped me was my hindering ability to over think simple things, like best and worst of the week...Oh and I’m also quite lazy.

I’m not going to write about this week at Yew Tree because I’m finding it hard to write about one definitive thing as there are thousands of thought evoking moments that occur at Yew Tree. If the blog had been running when I first joined, I could have easily written 200 words of aesthetically pleasing yet superficial content. These days, that’s not the case.

This is because for me Yew Tree has brought so much more than I originally anticipated. It was when I was doing work experience that I realised just how much thought goes into everything and it changed the way I think in sessions.

The most simple way I can put this is when we play games. It sometimes is a shame to hear people complain about playing certain games as i enjoy them a lot, partly because i enjoy winning (if you hadn't already noticed), but mainly because there is a reason to why we play each and every game, which is interesting to think about . For example, being spontaneous and partially flippant is important when we are devising new material, maybe that’s why we play spontaneous games like Sun and Moon and Make It beforehand. Also, Funky Seaweed warms up our bodies, whereas Cowboys and Indians helps get our brains going, and Clear the Space does both. Games like Anyone Who and the one where you join up with people who share the same interest Commonalities help people get to know each other a bit better, so they tend to be played when new people join the group. I could list a lot more but you get the idea, and I’m 170 words over my word count. So on that note I’ll wrap this up. I’m a little disappointed with my inability to express my thoughts clearly through writing, looking back i haven't really said what i set out to say but never mind, I’m glad I’ve finally written a blog albeit a little overdue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...