A Christmas Blog from Georgina Waft!


I’ve been coming to Yew Tree Youth Theatre since I was 5 and Gemma started coming to my primary school to run a drama club. I’ve been in Purple, Crimson and now Gold! I love Gold! I like spending time with my friends in Gold Company. I have been in Gold for nearly two years now. I love the games that we play. I love performing with my friends. Sometimes I find it hard to say what I want to say because my words get all muddled in my head and I get really anxious and stressed about it, but playing and performing with Gold has really helped me get confidence with my words and helped me calm down. Gemma is really nice, kind and funny and when I was younger I said she was like a second mum to me. Now I’m a bit older and I’m in Gold I have Sarah to look up to. Sarah is also kind, funny and helpful. I love how the Yew Tree people have always understood me, even since I was tiny, and helped to include me when it’s sometimes difficult for me. Over the years, in the Christmas shows, I’ve always struggled with my lines especially because I’ve always struggled with reading, so I’ve usually only had small speaking parts. Recently, I have finally got my head round reading and have been reading a ton of books. So when the Christmas show 2019 came around and I had more lines to learn than ever before, I understood my lines better and everyone supported me to do a more challenging role. I’m really proud of myself and really looking forward to more adventures with Gold Company and Yew Tree Youth Theatre in 2020!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...