I'll go to youth theatre instead...

If YTYT is 21 years old this year…which it is…that means I have been getting up on a Saturday to run workshops (barring school hols and two brief maternity breaks) for the same amount of time.  That’s a lot of weekend early get ups…a lot of working weekends…a lot of (at the very least) 6 day weeks. 


However if ever there was a perfect example to illustrate why I’ve done that amount of weekend long service it was this weeks Gold Company session.  Now before I tell you why, you need to know it’s been a long hard summer term.  Anyone involved in education, as a student, parent or teacher will tell you this term has been one of the toughest and in some cases the worst.  This has meant a record amount of absences at YTYT and I don’t blame anyone except the government.  This Saturday the injuries were still being felt and there were a lot of absences…however despite this it couldn’t have been more worth turning out for it…I found myself standing back on a number of occasions and acknowledging how much laughter there was…oodles of it…from best and worst to the final game…very occasionally it feels like a proper two day weekend would be a marvelous thing but after Saturday I’ve had my lifestyle choice reaffirmed…you can keep your lie ins and your lazy Saturdays…I’ll go to youth theatre instead…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...