Being a Princess! By Alice kearford age 8 The night before the show I felt nervous because I was worried about my lines, but then I felt okay at the show because I had learnt my lines. My mum helped me and so did my teacher Sarah, she is very good at her job. I love going to Yew Tree because we get to play games, and do shows although some days I didn’t want to go because I was scared but I went anyway because Sarah encourages me. At the show some of us were scared because of all the adults that were there. Before we did the performance Sarah helped us play games to make everybody smiley and happy about doing the play. Being a princess made me feel happy because I’ve never been given a part like that before with lots of lines. Being a princess was good because it made me feel me! I’ve always wanted to play a princess! At the start of the story the narrator’s introduce the mum, sister and Jack, the mum was making sure Jack was safe and hydrated because he was going on a quest to find the Prince and Princess. It made me think that I should keep safe and hydrated before I go out to play with my friends at home because I use lots of energy. In the next part of the story Jack was going to find the Prince and Princess who were locked in a cage using the map my brother had drawn for the show, they were in the cage because a Villain had trapped them. When Jack reached the cage he set them free with the key, but then… the Villain that imprisoned us came back! He charged at Jack and fell over and everybody started laughing at him. The Villain was cross and said he would be back. Jack the Prince and Princess went to the castle where they lived, Jack wanted to become a knight so the Prince and Princess helped him. I liked this part of the story because we got to do the training as a dance, we all had to work together to make it look good. In the maze we saw spooky cobwebs, the walls were crumbling away and there was sick vomit on the bushes, it made me feel like I had to act scared. At the end of the maze two ghosts appeared, they told us there was no escape and we would never see our friends and family again! We had to act out being frightened. But then the Princess saw a light and it was a fairy, she was beckoning us over and showing us the way out. We ran as fast as we could from the ghosts in the maze. Once we were out of the maze the fairy looks sad because someone had stolen her wand. After the hullabaloo we didn’t know the very evil villain was lying in wait for us, out of nowhere she came with her sister who was very familiar to our adventure. After some disagreeing they went into battle. This was one of my favourite parts because we got to use slow motion and make up our own battle moves this was a new thing for me to learn. I was fighting with my friend Esmee we had fun making our own moves we did slow motion kicks over our heads and slow motion punches. When all the villains were on the ground Jack shouted STOP! Life isn’t about fighting it’s about being friends. I think this is true, we should always try and be friends because someday you might need a friend to help you. We finished the story with a nice party all together with music, drinks and food. Jack made sure his sister and his mum was at the party too. Playing my character was fun because she was brave, funny and sometimes boring (she didn’t like the Prince’s silly jokes)! I had to use lots of facial features and expression with my voice. Yew Tree has helped me to learn lots of different skills like motion moving with my all my body, I have made lots of new friends and it makes me feel like I can talk to other people. It has also helped me get rid of my stage fright.

Comments

  1. Well done Alice looks like you learned a lot from playing this part xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...