Lucy Crawshaw ladies and gentlemen...

First blog: here we go… After a rather stressful two weeks packed with exams, it is an absolute pleasure to return to Gold. I always get excited when I wake up on Saturday and realise I am able to spend my morning with some truly amazing people. Lit on the Lawn is now fully staged and it is fantastic. There are many joyous moments throughout this piece, some of which you have heard many times before (the Chaucer Rap has been mentioned frequently). However, my favourite part of this performance would probably have to be the Pride and Prejudice section. This might have something to do with some very dramatic reactions to our ‘brooding Mr Darcy’. Lit on the Lawn has given me a long list of books to read over my long summer. The list of literary greats is constantly growing so I’d better start reading these now so I can try and catch up. My Saturdays aren’t only filled with Yew Tree. I also attend WY Performers. Today we were slightly short on numbers but we made excellent use of our time as we created a piece of physical theatre that closes Act 1. It is a thing of beauty which nicely wraps up the first act of this play (which is also fully staged, I add). One of the best things about Performers is getting to watch the senior dancers. They are graceful, elegant and inspiring because they make these beautiful complex dances seem effortless. I joined Yew Tree two years ago (ish) and it has shaped me into the person I am today. I have more confidence and new friends. I wouldn’t change a thing about my Saturday adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...