Bobbie is our guest blogger!

So this week was slightly quieter than most Yew Tree weeks, with only Black going ahead due to Gold taking a week off for half term whilst the Hepworth selfishly celebrate their 5th birthday so there is nowhere for us to go… And while I don’t normally go to Black, it’s the holidays for this Uni goer and so I thought I’d hop along and help with the Remember the Oaks piece and let me tell you... It’s shaping up a treat. 

For the last few weeks we’ve been focusing on the opening physical theatre bit (which usually results in my dying in a corner by the end) but I think that’s shaping up to be such a powerful opener and I’m sure it’ll only go from strength to strength. But Thursday was a quieter session. The midst of exam hell seemed to dwindle the numbers of Black Company down to 8 and so we took the opportunity to start brainstorming ideas for the script, the structure of which was already written, but needed filling. Hannah, Amy O and I were sat on a writing task together and, despite the fact that we spent half of the time trying to figure out Victorian names and what people actually did in Victorian times…we made pretty good progress. So hopefully Sarah would be able to use those ideas somewhere… Then we all changed and it was me, Emily and Lottie together and…. After writing a few ideas down, we got too engrossed in watching Hanna and Amy foxtrot to do anything else…oops. Honestly, I am so excited for this piece. It’s going to be absolutely STUNNING and I’m hoping to see you all there! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...