Maybe This Time

It feels like only a moment since I was in Zurich and only minutes since we finished Once Upon a Fairytale but the focus has well and truly shifted this week as Black Company hunkered down into the final rehearsal phase of Maybe This Time.  It’s rare I direct a musical nowadays but this play is the near to one as you’ll get from me.  It’s a play with a history – I wrote it over a decade ago and it’s had a number of incarnations over the years but for the 2016 performance I did something of a rewrite – the play has definitely benefitted from it’s face lift and we’ve also bravely gone to town with the number of songs and dances in it too. 

What really impressed me on Thursday was the wealth of stunning voices that are featured in the production.  Really talented singers are deliciously complimented by brilliant dancers, choreography and great music choices.   The play is fun, entertaining with engaging characters and a healthy dash of romance and risk.  My job now is to make sure the story telling is equally as strong as the singing.  With the caliber of the actors in the cast I’m pretty certain we’ll achieve this.  I’m genuinely looking forward to putting the finishing touches to the world of the play and the production as a whole.

Maybe This Time is going to be performed at 3pm and 6pm on the 17th of April at Ossett Town Hall.  The show is about an hour long and suitable for family audiences.  We’d love it if you would come and support the talented young people that are working hard to make the production the best that it can be.  I genuinely believe you’ll be watching people who are going to go far in the future in a whole host of ways and you’ll be able to say, “I saw them when they had only just begun their journey.”  All you need to do to come and watch is reserve your ticket/s on the event wall and pay on the door.


Oooh and while I’m here it’s worth saying that if you’re looking for a creative outlet for younger children this week – this might be for you!  I’m positively giddy about it, if we have as much fun and creativity as Gemma’s Fantastic Mr Fox crew it will be a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...