Leah is our second blogger...

BOOM! First blog for this year’s Connections! Mind you, this is my second guest blog so please don’t expect anything spectacular.  

So yesterday we had the auditions for our Connections play this year called Eclipse and as always they were a fantastic start to what is going to be, possibly, the best Connections I have taken part in yet. As always, everyone did magnificently! I honestly do not know how Sarah does what she does! Everyone really tried hard and pushed themselves and the decision that she was left with was one of the hardest things I could ever dream of doing. I saw sides to people I have never seen before which both shocked and delighted me (along with the overwhelming, crushing nerves that racked my body).  
 
Tom Osborne started us off with a powerful portrayal of Klondike in the first scene. Sam was next, playing the same scene in a completely different but equally as striking audition. Georgia also gave a brilliant audition for Klondike that was amazingly brave in my opinion! It’s funny how you can see the same scene over and over and not get bored because of the pure talent being put into each performance. There were 3 people to do the same two scenes for Midnight and each time I found myself becoming more and more entranced by his character. It’s always lovely to do Connections, even if this is only my 3rd year, because each time you get people who you have worked with before as well as the pleasure of meeting completely new people who, already, I can’t wait to spend more time with and get to know.  

The casting, of course, is brilliant and I can’t wait to see how we portray this beautifully complex story. I myself am looking forward to playing a character like no other character I have played before.  
 
I can’t say these next few months won’t be challenging because no doubt they will be, but it’s a challenge so many of us are willing to take on. However we can’t work this hard without having an audience so start saving dates and spare pennies and come and see it. We haven’t even started working on it yet and already I know it’s going to be good. CAN’T WAIT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...