Alice Narey is our guest blogger

On Tuesday night I had the pleasure of watching Black Company perform Beauty and the Beast. This performance was a special one as it was the last performance that some of the cast would do with Yew Tree Youth Theatre for a long time, if not ever… However, that didn’t stop them from putting on an outstanding performance of the classic tale – Beauty and the Beast. The classic tale was slightly different this time of course, the story included 2 characters with a close resemblance of the ugly sisters from another classic tale – Cinderella - also the Beast did not have singing furniture but 2 robots who’s love life was very complicated... I shall say no more. It was incredibly funny and I don’t think I’ve laughed as much at any other performance. The whole cast were amazing and I would be more than happy to ever be half as good as them. Also, I cannot forget to mention the great costumes for the furniture and the costumes in general. I really enjoyed the jokes, the energy, the music and the really clever story (basically the whole performance) I was gripped until the end and I should expect nothing less from a performance by Yew Tree, especially black company. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to say thank you for putting on such a great performance and also good luck to the people who are leaving!
Also, this week at Gold, after being shot by Georgia in a game of Coconuts (Yes, I said in a game of coconuts) and playing a very amusing game of park bench, we made it to the point where we can run our piece named ‘Plinth’ for our second Hepworth performance. This is a great achievement as we haven’t been working on it for long and we can already run it all the way through with music as well. It is looking and feeling great and I can’t wait to perform it! This quick progress allowed us to work on the penultimate scene in our Christmas performance of The Snow Queen. However, this proved harder than it first seemed as the ending in the book was somewhat… Disappointing? We found out that in the end the snow queen doesn’t actually make an appearance and the story literally just ends - which could offer an explanation to why no one ever sticks to the story. In spite of this, we still came up with some great ideas and had inspiration on how we are going to portray the snow queen. I can’t wait to see the script for this scene. As always, a great week for Yew Tree, I enjoy every second I get to spend watching and working with such great people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...