Bobbie is next with her retrospective blog...

'Somehow, I’m supposed to sum up the past seven years at Yew Tree, and I’m not sure how that’s even possible. I started at little old Green company, alllllll the way back in 2007. It was at my High School, and my friend Abby told me that I should come along. It was the one and only time I got lost and I started to cry, oh, shocker right? I found my way eventually and was greeted with the smiling faces of Steve and Joe, anyone remember them? I can’t really remember much of my first term at Yew Tree, but I know for a fact that I got good at The Laughing game, for a little while, and that I was determined to stay for as long as possible. By Christmas (I think) Steve and Joe had to leave and so we found ourselves with Danny and Callum. We were supposed to do a version of Cinderella that year for our parents, but us being our stubborn little selves, we decided we wanted to do something we created ourselves, and so we did. That just set the ball off rolling, I think we did Peter Pan next, which was our first look at the other companies at Yew Tree, then we did Don’t Assume Anything, which is one of my favourites I have to say, next came Comedy of Errors, followed by Children’s Excursion Platform no 5 and finally, the Grinch. All in that time, Callum left and Rob stepped up, then Rob went off to Uni and we got Alice and, a little while after, Charlottle. And it was such a lovely start to Yew Tree. Also Kudos for Danny being able to put up with me and my wicked temper for so long. After Green closed on March 19th 2012 (I know this because I still have the letter which was sent home to our parents upstairs) and so myself, and two friend, Kayleigh and Emily, tottered off to Gold. I must say Gold seemed, for lack of a better word, intimidating to the three of us. We had watched in awe of their performances on a number of occasions, and here we were, about to be joining the people that we had admired. It was odd, all three of us felt a little out of our depth I think, especially since Green had seemed so separate from everything (something which Danny fought hard against but none of us seemed to listen too). It was nice to be able to get to know so many other people, and it kind of felt like we were coming full circle, as we were starting work on Cinderella. It took me a while to get settle in and when Emily and Kayleigh both stopped coming because they had too much to do, it felt a little like I was thrown into the deep end, but by the time we had done A History Of Theatre, it felt like I was truly one of them, and with some of the best friends in the world (shout out to Daisy and Beth). Joining Black was a similar situation as to when I joined Gold. I felt out of my depth because these people were the people that I have admired since I was 11 years old, that was certainly intimidating, but now, a year on, I feel comfortable and happy and it’s thanks to them for making it so welcoming. It is easy to say that Yew Tree has made the past seven years some of the best times and I hope for much more loveliness.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...