Jess who is on placement wrote the blog this week :)

This week I got to see a different side to yew tree and had the opportunity to spend my alternate placement alongside Sarah, Charlotte & Hannah. It was literally one of the best teaching experiences, and although I only spent a week with the Thomas a Becket year 7-10's I already miss them. In 4 days they performed 9 times and made the Easter story into a really interesting and different performance. The short time I got to spend with them was exhausting, challenging but brilliant. The cast overcame some huge challenges and impressed me so much with their efforts and talent. Me, Charlotte and Hannah spent a good amount of time trying to convince them to join Yew Tree and I think we did a pretty good job. It's rare that I get teaching experiences with high school kids but this placement has made me realise that teaching GCSE's drama is something that I might be interested in at some point in my career

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...