On Thursday I went to see the latest Yew Tree connections play 'The Wardrobe' and it was fantastic!
Our fourth and final guest blog is a review from Yasmin

For the first time since I joined Yew Tree, I went to see a connections play that I knew hardly anything about. I knew the concept but that was about it.
As soon as I walked in the room I was so impressed by the transformation of the venue! The set looked so professional and it was a great idea to have it in the round.
From the moment the play started I was completely engrossed in each of the characters and their stories, but at the same time I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen in the next scene.
The acting from each and every one of the cast members was brilliant. Before seeing the performance I remember thinking that, as a whole, the cast seemed younger than ever and I think this may have been the key to the wonderfully brave and honest performances.
I was absolutely blown away by Merv and Shelby's scene. The fact that they were speaking another language yet still keeping the attention of the entire audience was evidence of their great acting. Merv's ability to translate the scene and teach Shelby, and hers to convincingly voice the language was so impressive.
The actors successfully took the audience on a journey through time and a range of emotions. The scene with the maids had me laughing, during Amy's monologue I was heartbroken and I was a mix of the two in the scene with the chimney sweeps.
To conclude, the play was brilliantly written with a style very different from the previous two connections plays that Yew Tree has done, directed excellently by Sarah and performed with integrity and maturity by the lovely cast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...