Reaping the rewards...


This week was YTYT connections week…you might have heard…or noticed…or come across it…we’ve not been quiet about it…

For those of you that don’t know what Connections week is it’s an intense set of 5 days of rehearsals 10 – 4, Monday to Friday where we take a play that’s good and turn it into something truly remarkable…until this week 17 of the cast of 19 didn’t really have a concept of what connections week is as only 2 of my cast this year have been involved before…they certainly do now…this process however isn’t necessarily easy for the actors – it involves an awful lot of…”That was good now try this…” from me…I’m aware that the demands placed on the actors are immense – the script is challenging…the director is demanding…the expectations are exacting…especially when I decide to throw in curve balls like making the cast perform in the round for good measure…but the rewards…once you reap them…well they are quite something…

My reward was reaped tonight…I gladly and confidently handed over the play to the actors and the crew and was happy in the knowledge that my job is done – well most of it…the cast and crew have come so far and made so much progress and now I get to continue to enjoy even more rewards as I watch them share it with fellow Yew Tree members, family and friends…I honestly can’t wait…

But just as I left the rehearsal room I had this twang on my heart…and I wanted to share it…times like these…experiences like these they are rare…members of the past 9 connections casts will tell you there is nothing quite like it…yes you’ve worked very hard and made sacrifices and been challenged but you have done it with a set of the most loyal and lovely people you have ever met…and so my wish for the cast in these next few days is that you put any doubts, worries and petty grievances aside and enjoy performance week utterly and selflessly seeing the value in every member of the team because The Wardrobe wouldn’t be what it is without every single member…relish every moment…enjoy every second…take care of yourself and each other because time is running out…it would be so sad to have missed out on any of it…I for one have felt privileged to be part of it…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...