Charlotte blogs about stage managing The Nutcracker

Last weekend was the Nutcracker performance as I’m sure everybody knows because its been talked about so much. I've been sat in rehearsals for months doing music and watching it all come together and even though at times its been really stressful it really has been fantastic! I had the really scary job of stage manager, though admittedly probably not as scary as actually being on stage. I had to queue in everything, so that meant telling the lighting and sound and curtain when it needed it start. This was really challenging at first especially because, with it being a dance show, it was blatantly obvious when the music didn't come in for a dance. Luckily that didn't actually happen during the show. It has been really great to see such a huge project through from start to finish. So on friday we got into the theatre for the first time, there was lots of assembling of set to do and cloths to put up. Then the dancers arrived and it started to get really real. But once it was all lit on the stage and everyones costumed had arrived it made everything look fantastic. Then it was show day and there were 100’s of people and tiny people everywhere but I don’t think it would have been so amazing without each and every person. It felt really great to be part of something so big and be trusted with such an important job. I’s so grateful that I got an opportunity to do something I’d never done before. And I got flowers for the first time! Top weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...