Hannah has also reviewed Party at the End of the World 


Hello! Hannah from Sapphire here! Last time I did a blog, it was the weekend after the Christmas shows, so it's definitely been a while! This time, I'm blogging about the phenomenal performance of "The Party at the End of the World" at Nostell on Friday night. Lottie and I jumped extremely happily at the opportunity to go (our Friday nights aren't usually very interesting) and brought the cousin Ryan along too, to show him why we're so happy on Monday nights.
To set the scene a little for everyone, the play is set in July 1914, when the threat of War was dark and looming. The play follows Rowland Winn and his guests on the final day (yes, the man spent 3 days celebrating, his parents are mad if you ask me) of his 21st Birthday Celebration. Rowland is the son of the house at Nostell Priory, and with the audience being sat on the grass in front of the outstanding building, it gave a real sense of realisation, as if we were sat watching the party unfold. I loved how the characters greeted us as we arrived at Nostell too, rather than the actors themselves, as I felt as though I really was a guest at the party. I think it's fair to say that their was a real mix of characters within the play, and the strong personalities of them really made the whole play delightful. From Suffragettes to Chorus girls, Cheeky chaps and gossiping maids with...interesting ambitions, to a groundskeeper and his wife with a traditional and adorable marriage, and a dedicated best friend who finally got her voice heard. Obviously, there were some characters in their to cause trouble, at this really made the story stay true to real life- we all know that at any party, there is always someone arguing over something!
I have to say that the ending was spectacular- Rowland's toast gave me goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye; it really was touching. To finish the evening, the actors told us the facts the play was based on, and to discover that the spectacular performance we had just witnessed was based on real people was fascinating, and made it even more special.
Well, that's all from me I guess! I just want to say well done to all the actors that made The Party at the End of the World so special, you really were phenomenal. From your pure acting to the semiotics of the entire performance, you completely blew me away. Thank you for making Ryan finally see why I love Yew Tree so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...