A little insight into the way YT does work experience from Michael...

So, my week has been particularly interesting. Well, interesting is one way to put it, exhausting might be more accurate. It has been interestingly exhausting. For those of you who are unaware this past week I’ve been on my Yew Tree work experience, to be honest It’s been great. Scooting around Wakefield in the Yew Tree mobile, from places such as the grand kingdom of the Hepworth, to distant lands like Sarah Thomas Dance School. I’ve had great fun this week with team Yew Tree doing workshops, attending meetings, leading games and buying Ribena.

I’ve mainly been hanging out at the Hepworth Wakefield helping to run some all-day workshops with some great primary schools from across Yorkshire. It’s been really interesting seeing how art can inspire children and just how creative they can be. I’ve grown quite fond of the Hepworth over the past week, I really like the building. I imagine that that’s what a building designed by apple would look like. 

Another little highlight was the task of planning the zombie tours for the Hepworth, because as far as I’m concerned, I can now call myself an actual writer. (I can dream can’t I?) I’ve been scribbling notes and ideas in my little notebook and I look forward to seeing the tour finished and performed myself very much.

In the meantime I’ve been doing a lot of sessions other wise. I have gained a new found respect for Sarah and the rest of Yew Tree after having just a week in their shoes. I don’t know how they do it, run a five hour workshop with a primary school and then still have the energy, and will power, to drive to the other side of Wakefield to run a normal Yew Tree company. Honestly my legs nearly fell off just thinking about it. But nevertheless we did it all, rather well I might add…

Oh, by the way. On the 19th of October Mr Michael Brown might have just lead his first ever game… No big deal… Actually, I’m lying. It’s a huge deal. Never been more proud of myself really, once I’ve written this I shall be ringing the papers informing them of their next headline.  “Michael Brown leads Captain Beaky and the Bean Game in fine style”


That’ll sell out in no time. But really I’ve always wanted to lead a Yew Tree game and I very much enjoyed it. To be honest I don’t think I did too badly, despite a few hitches… It’s weird when that you think that for five years I was sat saying “Aye-aye captain!” And then one day, I saying “My name’s Captain Beaky”…
Okay maybe it’s not that weird to you but you get my drift.

And finally I’d like to say a massive thank you to Sarah and the rest of Yew Tree for making me feel so welcome! I really had a great week and I really appreciate how patient you’ve all been with me and how brilliant you all made it!

Well I think that’s enough for today, I hope I’ve gotten across just how much I enjoyed my week as a Yew Tree employee, if not I’ll make that clear for you now. I’ve really enjoyed my week as a Yew Tree employee.

Well that’s all from me. Thank you very much for reading my blog, I do hope you enjoyed it…

Until next time X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...